Savoy Westend Hotel *****
Carlsbad Plaza *****
Windsor Spa Hotel ****
Parkhotel Richmond ****
Windsor Spa Hotel ****
St. Joseph Royal Regent ****
Grandhotel Pupp *****
Spa treatment in Karlovy Vary is recommended for these conditions
- Digestive diseases
- Esophagus diseases
- Peptic ulcer disease
- Gallbladder and biliary tract diseases - liver diseases, especially condition following acute liver inflammation
- Liver steatosis (fatty liver)
- Pancreas disorders
- Crohn’s disease
- Chronic constipation
- Irritable bowel movement
- Metabolic disorders
- Lipid metabolism disorder
- Diabetes mellitus
- Musculoskeletal disorders
Treatment for children
- treatment is possible from 15 years of age
- the child will undergo a medical examination by a pediatrist, who will recommend an individual spa treatment that is suitable for the child
Click here for more information
Conditions that are contraindications for spa treatment
- Severe ischemic heart diseases
- Circulatory failure
- Severe asthma
- Limited mobility
- Infectious diseases
The natural resources that Karlovy Vary treatment uses are the following
- water from Vřidlo
- curative gas (carbon dioxide)
Karlovy Vary Curative Method
Hotels in Karlovy Vary mostly provide comprehensive spa care, the basis of which is the utilisation of local natural curative resources, supplemented by curative rehabilitation, physical and movement treatment, medical education, dietary nutrition and also a number of special curative and wellness programs and supplementary services.
With consideration to this, Karlovy Vary treatment care is primarily focused on digestive and locomotory illnesses and metabolism defects.
The quality of Karlovy Vary mineral water has not changed over the centuries, it springs forth in many springs. There are in total 15 springs.
The springs vary, besides the temperature, also by content of trace elements and carbon dioxide, so the effect of each spring is different.
All springs support cleaning of the body and have a positive effect on the whole digestive tract and locomotory system.
For our guests we provide highly professional and human approach in each step of the way to feel fit, strong and healthy again; this affects significantly the outstanding results of comprehensive spa treatment.
- this is the most important part of Karlovy Vary spa treatment
- the drinking treatment mainly takes place before food
- drink the mineral water slowly in sips, preferably when walking, so that you drink a cup of 200 grams within 3-10 minutes
- it is appropriate to take a break of 5-10 minutes between individual cups
- we recommend walking during movement treatment
- the spring located in our facilities is the “Vřídlo” or spring number One
- Karlovy Vary mineral water springs up in 12 springs, which vary by temperature and the amount of gaseous carbon dioxide
- in terms of chemicals Karlovy Vary hot springs are the natrium-bicarbonate-sulphate thermal mineral water with a total mineralization of around 6400 mg/l, pH values of 6.9-7.0 and contents free dissolved carbon dioxide
- the temperature of an individual spring is in the range of 43-72˚C
- the most abundant source of mineral water is “Vřídlo” – the oldest and warmest spring
- this spring reaches temperature of 72°C and its high pressure pushes it up to the height of 12 m
- output is approximately 2,030 litres per minute and it contains 6.46 gr of mineral salts in one litre of the hot spring, (that is approx. 3 million litres with 18,884 kg per day)
- the quality of this mineral water has not changed over the centuries
- there are 47 elements present in Karlovy Vary springs that human body needs
- their beneficial effects are on the entire digestive tract, on substance exchange, on periodontal illness, on overall improvement of the medical state and on increase in immunity against the effect of genetic and occupational strain which have been medicaly prove
Here is a selection of hotels that we recommend. If you are interested in any of these hotels or you have a specific idea about another hotel of your choice, please fill in our short questionaire, or contact us and we will prepare a non-binding offer for you according to your wishes and requirements.
In case of interest please fill in our short questionaire, or contact us and we will prepare a non-binding offer for you according to your wishes and requirements.